Scientist for Quantum Material Synthesis - Honda Research Institute USA
Honda Research Institute USA (HRI-US) is at the cutting edge of Honda's research and development activities. Inspired by Honda's global slogan - The Power of Dreams - we pursue emerging technologies and bring them into reality to make people happy, even as we are engaged daily in highly scientific, pioneering work. We realize that dreams don't co me from organizations, systems, or money. They come from people, and we seek people who have such challenging spirits to work with us.
Scientist for Nanomaterial Synthesis
- Synthesizing atomically-thin nanoribbons of TMDs (e.g., MoS2, MoSe2, WS2, WSe2)
- Explore synthetic method for encapsulated TMD nanoribbons.
- Performing structural and property characterizations using SEM, TEM, AFM, Raman, and PL spectroscopy etc.
- Transfer of the nanoribbons and fabrication of devices (transistor, sensor, photon emitter, etc.) from TMD nanoribbons.
- Ph.D. in materials science or chemistry or applied physics or related fields. Postdoc experience is strongly preferred.
- Experience in synthesis of nanomaterials through vapor-phase methods (CVD, MOCVD, etc.)
- Materials characterization using electron microscopes (e.g., SEM, TEM, etc.) and spectroscopic (e.g., Raman, PL, etc.).
- Experience in the electrical, optical, and magnetic properties of low dimensional materials measurement methods.
- Knowledge of quantum physics.
- Knowledge in quantum technologies including quantum communicationand quantum sensing.
Duration: 2 years
Alternate Way to Apply
Send an e-mail to email@example.com with the following:
- Subject line including the job number(s) you are applying for
- Recent CV
- A cover letter highlighting relevant background (Optional)
Please, do not contact our office to inquiry about your application status.