Contract Positions - HRI-US
Honda Research Institute USA (HRI-US) is at the cutting edge of Honda's research and development activities. Inspired by Honda's global slogan - The Power of Dreams - we pursue emerging technologies and bring them into reality to make people happy, even as we are engaged daily in highly scientific, pioneering work. We realize that dreams don't co me from organizations, systems, or money. They come from people, and we seek people who have such challenging spirits to work with us.
Honda Research Institute USA (HRI-US) in San Jose, California, is looking for engineers to work on the exciting future of new mobility domains. As part of these activities, the candidate will collect and/or conceive requirements in the areas of new airborne mobility, as well as design and implement software to support Honda in future business areas such as 3D mobility devices, space applications, or real time operation of future (urban) air traffic management.
This position offers opportunity to:
- Understand and analyze state of the art approaches in the areas of (urban) air traffic management
- Propose and develop solutions and address challenging problems encountered in ATM and UTM areas
- Collaborate with a global team of engineers and scientists to integrate your ideas on development of future mobility systems
- File patents and publish research results
- M.S. in aeronautics, aviation, or related field
- 2-5 years hands-on experience in real-world applications
- Familiarity with US-ATM standards
- Be self-motivated and able to work well in cross-functional teams
- Strong communication skills including technical documentation, written reports, proposals, development and delivery of presentations and the ability to listen and communicate effectively
Honda Research Institute USA, Inc. is looking for a research engineer to work on robotic manipulation. The focus of the research is to use vision and tactile sensor data to enable robots to robustly manipulate objects in unstructured environments using machine-learning approaches. As part of the position, the candidate is also expected to communicate with our collaborators–local and international— to formulate project requirements, study state-of-the-art algorithms, and implement novel algorithms to meet the project requirements.
- Ph.D. or highly qualified M.S. candidate in computer science, electrical engineering, or related field
- Minimum 2-year experience in deep learning and other machine learning methods
- Minimum 2-year experience in the following is preferred: tactile sensing, manipulation, grasping, real robots, or physics engines such as MuJoCo and Bullet
- Good programming skills in either C++ or Python
- Experience in Robot Operating System (ROS)
(Hidden) Full-Time How To Apply
Please send an email to email@example.com with the following:
- Subject line including the job number you are applying for
- Recent CV
- A cover letter explaining how your background matches the qualifications