[Machine Learning/AI] Connected and Automated Vehicle Research Intern - Honda Research Institute USA
Currently, HRI-US (Silicon Valley) is offering research and engineering internships to highly qualified and motivated students. Research interns will work closely with HRI scientists and are encouraged to publish results in academic forums. For research internship positions, we are looking for candidates with a good publication record and excellent programming skills to join our team. The positions currently listed are for the 2021 Spring/Summer.
[Machine Learning/AI] Connected and Automated Vehicle Research Intern
- Research connected and automated vehicle related topics, algorithms/models.
- Participate in brainstorming activities related to mobility and safety application project(s).
- Benchmark algorithms/models using simulation software, and/or existing datasets.
- Participate in industry, government and academia collaboration projects related to connected and automated vehicle research.
- Support research project(s), assist report writing.
- Ph.D. student in CS, CE, EE, ME, or similar disciplines.
- Comfortable in Python, C++, and/or MATLAB, or other similar languages.
- Understanding of basic machine learning algorithms, data analysis methods.
- At least two years of research experience in traffic engineering and/or vehicle perception and/or data science related field.
- Basic computer software: Microsoft word, Excel, PowerPoint, etc.
- Passion for connected and automated vehicle research topics.
- Passion for learning new software tools and languages.
- Willing to work on multiple projects when needed.
- Strong problem-solving skills.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Be able to work independently within a multicultural environment.
Duration: 3 Months