Software Engineer - HRI-US
As part of our System Integration Group, the candidate will be in charge of designing and developing a scalable and reliable software architecture for our Autonomous Driving activities. He/she will also be involved in the research and development of state of the art motion planning and decision making algorithms that will be tested on the Automated Drive vehicle.
- Understand and analyze state of the art approaches and contribute to algorithm development in the areas of path/motion planning and decision making.
- Implement low-latency and high performance software modules, integrate, deploy, and test them in our AD platform.
- Develop software infrastructure and tools to facilitate team's development.
- Be an essential member of a team of engineers and scientists that develop autonomous driving technologies in a fast-paced software development environment.
- M.S. (or B.S. with 2+ years experience) in computer science, electrical engineering or related field.
- Proficient in modern software development tools such as GCC, CMake, Git, CI, Docker..
- Experience with Robot Operating System (ROS).
- Expertise in motion planning theory, decision making.
- Excellent programming skills in C++.
- Experience in data structures and advanced algorithms.
- Proven ability to design, develop and debug production quality code.
- Be self-motivated and able to work well in cross-functional teams.
- Strong communication skills including technical documentation, written reports, proposals, development and delivery of presentations and the ability to listen and communicate effectively.
- Familiarity with hardwares, including cameras, LiDAR, GPS, CAN, IMU, USB, Ethernet.
- Knowledge in basic machine learning technology.
- Extensive hands-on experience in real-world robotics applications.