Associate Positions - HRI-US
Honda Research Institute USA (HRI-US) is at the cutting edge of Honda's research and development activities. Inspired by Honda's global slogan - The Power of Dreams - we pursue emerging technologies and bring them into reality to make people happy, even as we are engaged daily in highly scientific, pioneering work. We realize that dreams don't co me from organizations, systems, or money. They come from people, and we seek people who have such challenging spirits to work with us.
The position focuses on developing computer vision and machine-learning frameworks with application in highly automated driving, driver assistance systems, human-computer interfaces and robotics. The candidate will have the opportunity to work in topics, including but not limited to, 1) visual saliency modeling utilizing a unique on-road driving dataset that includes scene videos, vehicle states as well as eye gaze information and 2) imitation learning of control behavior using this dataset. The candidate’s responsibilities include designing and training novel algorithm using graph neural networks, scene graphs and relevant approaches to accomplish above tasks.
- PhD or MS candidate in computer science, electrical engineering, or related field
- Research experience in computer vision, machine learning and video analytics
- Strong background in temporal and multimodal data (e.g. video + time series) processing
- Experience in designing deep neural networks using TensorFlow, Keras or similar tools
- Excellent programming skills in Python (C++)
- Strong publication record in top tier conference/journal in computer vision and machine learning areas is preferred
(Hidden) Full-Time How To Apply
Please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org with the following:
- Subject line including the job number you are applying for
- Recent CV
- A cover letter explaining how your background matches the qualifications