Contract Positions - HRI-US
Honda Research Institute USA (HRI-US) is at the cutting edge of Honda's research and development activities. Inspired by Honda's global slogan - The Power of Dreams - we pursue emerging technologies and bring them into reality to make people happy, even as we are engaged daily in highly scientific, pioneering work. We realize that dreams don't come from organizations, systems, or money. They come from people, and we seek people who have such challenging spirits to work with us.
This position seeks a candidate who can participate and contribute to the research of robot navigation in human co-existing environments. In particular, we seek an individual with extensive experience in leveraging techniques from machine learning to improve navigation algorithms.
- Develop and implement machine learning algorithms for robot navigation.
- Develop and implement robot navigation software on various experimental platforms.
- Participate in research of crowded environment navigation and pedestrian intention recognition.
- Participate in collaborative research projects with universities.
- PhD in computer science, robotics, or related field.
- Expertise in machine learning, planning/decision making under uncertainty, navigation, motion planning algorithms.
- Familiarity with multimodal perception, computer vision.
- Hands-on experience with robots in real environment using ROS, C++, Python.
- Strong programming skills in Python or C++.
- Strong communication skills and ability to work with academic partners.
(Hidden) Full-Time How To Apply
Please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org with the following:
- Subject line including the job number you are applying for
- Recent CV
- A cover letter explaining how your background matches the qualifications