Data Scientist - HRI-US
Job Number: P20T10
Our team is seeking a Data Scientist, to help us take advantage of in-vehicle, infrastructure-based, and public data sets to inform and improve our research. This role will collaborate with vehicle, transportation, and wireless communication experts, global Honda researchers, and academic partners on research projects and real-world trials. Come work with us to make the vehicles and transportation system of the future safer, more convenient, and more connected!
Ann Arbor, MI
- Conduct theoretical research in collaboration with academic partners.
- Develop SQL queries to extract and wrangle data.
- Apply advanced statistical and predictive modeling methods including various time-series-based deep learning models such as Long Short Term Memory (LSTM), Gated Recurrent Unit (GRU).
- Identify data requirements, available data sources, and expected outcomes.
- Recommend and support data collection, integration, and retention requirements by assessing the effectiveness and accuracy of data source and data gathering techniques.
- Develop experimental design approaches to validate findings or test hypotheses.
- Identify opportunities and find solutions hidden in large data sets to improve features and applications.
- Provide ongoing performance tracking and monitoring of statistical models and recommend ongoing improvements to methods and algorithms.
- M.S. or Ph.D. with focus on Data Science, Computer Science, Statistics, Machine Learning, or a similar area of study.
- Demonstrated experience solving loosely defined problems by leveraging pattern detection over potentially large data sets.
- 2+ years of statistical modeling using tools such as Python, MATLAB, R, and/or SAS.
- Experience creating and using advanced machine learning and deep learning algorithms and statistics.
- Experience applying statistical techniques and concepts.
- Ph.D. with a focus on Data Science, Computer Science, Statistics.
- 2+ years of industry experience with data storage and analysis tools such as SQL or other big data frameworks.
- Experience with Intelligent Transportation Systems (ITS) or vehicular data.
- Familiarity with either telematics, wireless networking, or V2V V2I communications protocols.
- Experience programming within Unix-based operating systems, such as Linux.
- Programming in Python.