Robotics Engineer - HRI-US
Job Number: P20T14
Honda Research Institute is seeking a passionate and driven engineer in our Research team, located at our Ann Arbor, MI office. This individual will support software development, vehicle testing and prototyping, and research application projects.
Ann Arbor, MI
- Research automated vehicle Mobilities and Robotics topics.
- Hands-on prototyping and vehicle testing.
- Simulator design and development.
- Implement and integrate robotics algorithms into software using C++ and Python.
- Vehicle and Robotic system development using GPS, Radar, camera.
- Participate in brainstorming activities related to Mobilities and Robotics application project(s).
- Proficient in C++, comfortable in Python.
- PhD or Master's degree in CS, CE, EE, ME, or similar disciplines.
- Hands on experience with Linux.
- Understanding of basic Path Planning & Perception algorithms.
- Understanding of simulator design.
- One year of experience in robotics software development.
- Passion for learning new software tools and languages.
- Robot Operating System (ROS) experience.
- Simulator (CARMaker, Prescan and Vissim) experience.
- Basic knowledge of latest wireless technologies (5G, V2X, LTE).
- Experience programming for interfacing between devices, such as analog signal processing and sensor reading via serial ports.
- Several times of experience in vehicle modification.
Duration: 1 year