Human Factor Researcher - Human Factor Researcher - HRI-US
Human Factor Researcher
Job Number: P20F08
This position offers opportunities to conduct innovative research on a broad set of problems to bridge human and semi/fully automated mobility systems through human machine interaction.
San Jose, CA
- Lead user study by designing protocol and evaluation criteria to verify the effectiveness of automation and/or user interfaces.
- Analysis of the collected data to measure user states including engagement, workload and trust.
- Model human-automation interaction using probabilistic and deep learning-based methods.
- Participate in ideation, creation and evaluation of related technologies in various domains involving human machine interaction (automotive, robotics, others), including machine learning, computer vision and human robot interaction.
- Contribute to a portfolio of patents, academic publications, and prototypes to demonstrate research value.
- Participate in software development and implementation of various experimental platforms.
- Ph.D. in industrial engineering, computer science, or related field.
- Research expertise in human factor and/or human computer interaction.
- Strong publication record in human machine interaction and/or human factor analysis.
- Experience with data analysis and data mining plan for both subjective and objective data using a wide variety of quantitative methods.
- Prior work emphasizing statistical analysis and probabilistic modeling, and interpreting results through the lens of HMI, UX and social science.
- Experience with qualitative and quantitative user research, including developing user studies, power analysis, IRB application, facilitation and interviewing, and management of Personally Identifiable Information (PII).
- Proficient in software engineering using C#, C++, Python and Unreal Engine
- Proficient in data analysis and data mining tools such as R and SPSS