Robotics Software Engineer - Robotics Software Engineer - HRI-US
Robotics Software Engineer
Job Number: P20T06
Honda Research Institute USA (HRI-US) in Ann Arbor, Michigan, is seeking a passionate and driven intern to play a crucial role on our Advanced Technical Research teamThis individual will support software development, vehicle testing and prototyping, and research application projects.
Ann Arbor, MI
- Research connected and automated vehicle (CAV) related topics such as vehicle-to-vehicle communication.
- CAV prototyping and vehicle testing.
- Implement and integrate robotics algorithms into software using C++ and Python.
- Sensor fusion and software development using GPS, Radar, camera, and Lidar.
- Participate in brainstorming activities related to CAV application project(s).
- Proficient in C++, comfortable in Python.
- Ph.D. or M.S. student in CS, CE, EE, ME, or similar disciplines.
- Hands on experience with Linux.
- Understanding of basic Path Planning & Perception algorithms.
- Understanding of Kalman filters and particle filters.
- One year of experience in robotics software development.
- Passion for learning new software tools and languages.
- Robot Operating System (ROS) experience.
- Basic knowledge of latest wireless technologies (5G V2X, LTE V2X).
- Experience programming for interfacing between devices, such as analog signal processing and sensor reading via serial ports.