Lead Scientist Quantum Computing - Honda Research Institute USA
Lead Scientist Quantum Computing
- Work closely with the institute management in order to explore & guide the direction of research & engineering in QC.
- Initiate match between algorithms and problem structure at our institute and in Honda.
- Research algorithms for identified impactful problems from the mobility domain.
- Negotiate and supervise the collaboration with external partners / universities.
- Bridge the gap between established research institutes and future Honda users.
- Apply selected algorithms to selected problems.
- Guide QC software engineering.
- Ph.D. or equivalent in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, Physics, Mathematics or related field.
- Deep principled & algorithmic knowledge in Quantum Computing.
- Research, innovation or application record in Quantum ML, Quantum Algorithms or Quantum information science.
- Strong leadership and communication competencies.
- Solid understanding of quantum computing SDKs such as Qiskit, Braket, Cirq or Q#.
- Exposure to quantum computing cloud platforms such as IBM Quantum, AWS Braket, Google Quantum AI.
- Exposure or experience with multiple quantum programming paradigms, such as circuit-based and quantum annealing.
- Knowledge of quantum machine learning libraries such as PennyLane.
Duration: 4 years, with the possibility of further extension or conversion to a regular associate position at the company's discretion.
Candidates must have the legal right to work in the U.S.A.