Software Engineer - HRI-US
Job Number: P20T11
Honda Research Institute USA (HRI-US) is seeking for a software engineer with expertise in the Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC), Quality Assurance (QA) and simulations tools to join our cutting-edge research in the fields of Autonomous Systems and Robotics. For this position, you help with the application of the SDLC to our research projects, improve our simulation software architecture and ensure the quality of the software deliverables through automated tests.
San Jose, CA
- Create detailed, comprehensive and well-structured test plans and test cases for our autonomous applications.
- Set up an infrastructure for researchers to test their algorithms and receive feedback with exhaustive information about performance metrics and failure cases.
- Perform regression testing to improve the robustness of the algorithms under various conditions.
- Design, develop and execute automation scripts using open source tools.
- Assist the researchers with the preparation of technical documentation that will be provided to our clients along with the deliverables.
- Manage the software packaging with the use of containers and automated installation scripts.
- Set up a ticketing system for our clients to report bugs and/or software improvements for future releases.
- Generalize the simulation pipeline for different autonomous driving platforms and scenarios.
- M.S. in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, or equivalent field.
- Experience with QA practices and implementation of automated tests.
- Strong programming skills in C++ and Python.
- Familiarity with basic mathematical concepts used to solve Robotic problems (Geometry, Linear algebra, Kinematics, Probability, etc.).
- Strong experience with Linux systems and automated scripts.
- Hands-on experience with software documentation.
- Hands-on experience with packaging for software deliverables and container tools like docker.
- Hands-on experience with DevOps software toolchains like Gitlab.
- Exposure to Agile engineering tools and practices.
- Familiarity with Autonomous Systems and Robotics.