Software Engineer - Software Engineer - HRI-US
Job Number: P20T11
Honda Research Institute USA (HRI-US) is seeking for a software engineer with expertise in the Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC), Quality Assurance (QA) and simulations tools to join our cutting-edge research in the fields of Autonomous Systems and Robotics. For this position, you help with the application of the SDLC to our research projects, improve our simulation software architecture and ensure the quality of the software deliverables through automated tests.
San Jose, CA
- Create detailed, comprehensive and well-structured test plans and test cases.
- Set up an infrastructure for researchers to test their algorithms and receive feedback with exhaustive information about performance metrics and failure cases.
- Perform regression testing to improve the robustness of the algorithms under various conditions.
- Design, develop and execute automation scripts using open source tools.
- Assist the researchers with the preparation of technical documentation that will be provided to our clients along with the deliverables.
- Manage the software packaging with the use of containers and automated installation scripts.
- Set up a ticketing system for our clients to report bugs and/or software improvements for future releases.
- Generalize the simulation pipeline for different autonomous driving platforms and scenarios.
- Extent the functionalities of the simulation to the full autonomous driving pipeline (data collection, perception, prediction, planning and control).
- Integrate the data collected in the real world to the simulation platform and allow an easy switch from real data behaviors to simulated behaviors.
- Improve the data visualization for an easy monitoring of the algorithm state by the researchers.
- M.S. in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, or equivalent field.
- 2+ years of experience with QA practices and implementation of automated tests.
- Strong programming skills in Python and C++.
- Experience with Robot Operating System (ROS).
- Strong experience with Linux systems and automated scripts.
- Hands-on experience with software documentation.
- Hands-on experience with packaging for software deliverables and container tools like docker.
- Hands-on experience with DevOps software toolchains like Gitlab.
- Exposure to Agile engineering tools and practices.
- Familiarity with Autonomous Systems and Robotics.
Duration: 2 years